A Blank Canvas



I have picked my pen up after a good 5 year break. I didn’t realize that being Ms i-don’t-have-time-to-write was going to lead me nowhere. Covid-19 pandemic has led me to pursue every minute habit of mine that I had time and again in every phase of my life, some of them being the simple ones like painting and gardening and reading, others being adventurous (as adventurous you can get while at home) such as cooking (talking about a person who had entered kitchen in her life only to gobble food down!) and playing cards (I wonder why I never learned that before), woke up one day and chopped my hair owing to the lock-down madness, and of course, the gym-freak girl has finally learned to meditate (talk about extremes!!). The introvert version of me who yearns for a peaceful life has had all her wishes fulfilled. This person, who’s life’s aim was to stay locked up at home, is finally materializing at least one of her dreams. I look back at the last 60 days of staying locked up at home and realize that they’ve been a blur of colors at one end and an excruciatingly painful crawl of nights into mornings at the other. Time seems to be playing with our minds. It seems to run fast when we’re with family. No wonder time is relative (pun intended!). From a life of "so much to do and so little time" to "I've done so much and I still have time at hand", the last couple of months have shown us everything. Let's start painting this blank canvas and see a better picture on the other side of this time.

Comments

  1. Times have changed and so have your style of writing, it suits you. 9y0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing it inspires us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing and doing things that brings inner peace within yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing to hear such true words, it's like they are everyone's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind words. keep reading, stay home, stay safe

      Delete
  5. Beautifully written, keep inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job mayuri mam keep writing and don't stopped . .. Keep writing 👏👏👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep writing, stay home, stay safe, motivate others for +ve things, time to redefine yourself, do things that satisfies you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, keep reading, stay home, stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captivating :)
    Keep writing 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blank Canvas...yes...it needs one to fill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Getting Hooked

Stickler for Rules